Website Privacy StatementCommitment to Privacy
Live Africa is committed to providing access to services and information online in a manner that respects and protects your privacy. This statement describes our information collection practices and explains how we use and protect your personal information. We subscribe to important privacy protections found in the American Library Association's Code of Ethics.
What we collect and why we collect the following types of information about you;
- Your login information. Login information is used to determine whether or not you are authorized to use specific services.
- Personally identifiable information that you provide voluntarily. This includes information such as contact information that allows us to respond to your requests; preferred email or shipping address; the information you provide in online web forms (e.g., application forms, registration forms, survey forms, etc.) This information is used to respond to your requests, communicate with you and provide you with better service. We may combine this information with information from previous visits to provide you with added convenience in using our products and services. The information entered on this site, including for example your name, contact information and credit card information, are collected to process the transaction you are authorizing. We utilize third parties to process this transaction, using only the necessary information needed to securely perform their functions, and they are prohibited from using it for other purposes.
- Tracking information that you specifically agree to. With your opt-in consent, we collect personally identifiable information that allows us to track your visits online and offer you information we believe would interest you, based on your visits to our web site.
- Auto-collected information (web logs). Our web server automatically recognizes the Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed our web site, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visited on our site, as well as information automatically forwarded by your browser. This information is used to help us understand aggregate uses of our site, track usage trends, and improve our services. Web logs may also be used for system problem monitoring and maintenance. This information is retained on a temporary basis and then deleted completely from our systems. Our site does produce reports that permit us to view your activity on our site in anonymous or aggregated form. The only personal information that we store has been specifically submitted to us by you.
Cookies are small text files that many web sites transfer to users' hard drives to enable the site to deliver personalized services or to provide persistent authentication. The information contained in a cookie typically includes information collected automatically by the web server and/or information provided voluntarily by the user. The user controls, via the computer’s operating system, whether cookies will be accepted and, if so, how they will be handled (for example, deleted or saved). Our web site uses cookie technology. If the user blocks cookies, however, this will not affect the functionality of this site
Our Company is committed to ensuring the security of your information. We have put in place reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the information collected online. For example, Live Africa has contracted with third parties that have met industry-standards for security to take in necessary data, such as credit card information, to store, transmit and process this transaction securely.
Sharing your information
We will not share your information with third parties except
- as required by law,
- as necessary to protect the companies interests,
- with service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed in writing to protect the confidentiality of the data, or
- in instances that you permit OR in accordance with your consent
- Live Africa has contracted with third parties that have met industry-standards for security to take in necessary data, such as credit card information, to store, transmit and process this transaction securely. If you are authorizing periodic payments, these third parties will retain the information you have provided when necessary to process such payments.
Links to other web sites
This site may contain links to other web sites not affiliated with our office. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites, including other partner sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of other sites for assurance that their practices safeguard your privacy.
Changes to Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time and will post the changes on this site.
We welcome suggestions and questions about our privacy statement. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about privacy at Live Africa overall, please send email to email@example.com
As described in the processing of your transaction, by clicking Submit, you agree to the transaction under the terms entered above and under the terms of this Privacy Statement.